User

#706 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by SteveH »

Good advice Phil. Will you take it? :wink:
antonio66
User

#707 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by antonio66 »

I've no doubt you enjoy the Firebottle stage Bigman, but the root of the problem is quoted by Richard in his last paragraph:

"To be honest all I want is to have Firebottle's phono stage and nva phono stage compared in a bake-off with independent people making the judgement, and I have trying for it for nearly 3 years since he appeared spamming at AoS, and he has avoided it. Including one event sabotaged to make sure it didn't happen. That is the only reason it has become important to me, as the process of avoiding it has irritated me to the point I now pursue any avenue I can to make it happen."

Maybe some of it before your time Bigman, and I do know there has been deceptions made on AoS about NVA phonos.

Anyone know if there is to be more phonos at this bake-off? :lol:
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#708 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by pre65 »

SteveH wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:03 am Good advice Phil. Will you take it? :wink:
I'm trying hard to do so.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Bigman80
User

#709 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Bigman80 »

pre65 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:45 am Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore it.

From that Wikipedia article.
Fair point. I shall employ that tactic.
CN211276
User

#710 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by CN211276 »

If sharp practice, call it what you like, was not taking place on AoS, why were my posts about the comparison of the Arkless with the NVA phono 1 removed? And why have I not been able to post since?
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#711 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I predict this nonsense is all building up to Firey saying he wont do the bake-off again. Clutching at straws, looking for excuses.
Bigman80
User

#712 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Bigman80 »

CN211276 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:58 am If sharp practice, call it what you like, was not taking place on AoS, why were my posts about the comparison of the Arkless with the NVA phono 1 removed? And why have I not been able to post since?
I'm not a moderator at AoS. I don't know what their policies are. What name did you post under?
Bigman80
User

#713 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Bigman80 »

antonio66 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:10 am I've no doubt you enjoy the Firebottle stage Bigman, but the root of the problem is quoted by Richard in his last paragraph:

"To be honest all I want is to have Firebottle's phono stage and nva phono stage compared in a bake-off with independent people making the judgement, and I have trying for it for nearly 3 years since he appeared spamming at AoS, and he has avoided it. Including one event sabotaged to make sure it didn't happen. That is the only reason it has become important to me, as the process of avoiding it has irritated me to the point I now pursue any avenue I can to make it happen."

Maybe some of it before your time Bigman, and I do know there has been deceptions made on AoS about NVA phonos.

Antonio, almost all of it is before my time.

I genuinely have no problem trying any phono stage and tried to by a Nakamichi c5 last night off eBay. Messages to the seller are available if needed. It's a shame there is a stigma when you attach your thoughts to a product. I can't try an Arkless and NVA don't think my comments would be fair or accurate. I understand both creators stance but my issue came from having my integrity thrown into question without evidence or Proof from someone I've never met.

I'll leave it to rest now. Philip gave me some sage advice which I should've done from the start. I've no doubt in real life we'd all get on well as at heart we are music lovers. Just a shame how it's turned out.

I will send MY OTP to Karma67 if I can't get the loaner to him. Scouts honour.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#714 Re: Phono bake-off

Re: AoS

Post by CN211276 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:37 am

antonio66 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:36 am
They seem to think I am Ziggy, just for the record I am not. I also gave the review with an open mind, as well has having my brother as a second pair of ears who does not even own a tt.

CN211276 - I am Ziggy. My posts about the comparison of the Arkless with the NVA phono 1 were removed. I have not been able to post since, but have not been informed of a ban.
CN211276
User

#715 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by CN211276 »

Bigman80 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:58 am
CN211276 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:58 am If sharp practice, call it what you like, was not taking place on AoS, why were my posts about the comparison of the Arkless with the NVA phono 1 removed? And why have I not been able to post since?
I'm not a moderator at AoS. I don't know what their policies are. What name did you post under?
Ziggy. The posts referred to the comparison and contained nothing which was not permitted.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#716 Re: Phono bake-off

Bigman80 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:07 pm
antonio66 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:10 am I've no doubt you enjoy the Firebottle stage Bigman, but the root of the problem is quoted by Richard in his last paragraph:

I genuinely have no problem trying any phono stage and tried to by a Nakamichi c5 last night off eBay. Messages to the seller are available if needed. It's a shame there is a stigma when you attach your thoughts to a product. I can't try an Arkless and NVA don't think my comments would be fair or accurate. I understand both creators stance but my issue came from having my integrity thrown into question without evidence or Proof from someone I've never met.

I'll leave it to rest now. Philip gave me some sage advice which I should've done from the start. I've no doubt in real life we'd all get on well as at heart we are music lovers. Just a shame how it's turned out.

FFS here we go again, I never said anything of the sort. What I said is this is not a bake-off, it is you wanting (I presume, otherwise you wouldn't have created this) to hear it. You don't need me, why do I need to come to you. We don't have a loan service as such as we were *refused* to do it at AoS, even though it would have been run by a member of both forums. I loan (at my discretion) to public events or to some existing users I trust. Why do you think we have the full refund return offer, what makes you different to any other potential customer, you want to try it then follow the NVA way, you get 30 days not a short session, it costs you nothing if you return it but the postage back. That same applies to *anyone, and anyone can say what they want about it, I can't nor want to stop you.

* apart from those on my ebay blocked list, very few.
Bigman80
User

#717 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Bigman80 »

CN211276 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:11 pm
Bigman80 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:58 am
Ziggy. The posts referred to the comparison and contained nothing which was not permitted.
I believe you fell foul of the"thread crapping" rule, Ziggy.

A straight up review would be allowed I believe.
Bigman80
User

#718 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Bigman80 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:20 pm
Bigman80 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:07 pm

FFS here we go again, I never said anything of the sort. What I said is this is not a bake-off, it is you wanting (I presume, otherwise you wouldn't have created this) to hear it. You don't need me, why do I need to come to you. We don't have a loan service as such as we were *refused* to do it at AoS, even though it would have been run by a member of both forums. I loan (at my discretion) to public events or to some existing users I trust. Why do you think we have the full refund return offer, what makes you different to any other potential customer, you want to try it then follow the NVA way, you get 30 days not a short session, it costs you nothing if you return it but the postage back. That same applies to *anyone, and anyone can say what they want about it, I can't nor want to stop you.

* apart from those on my ebay blocked list, very few.
"we will listen to them privately, and you make a bet with me which one you prefer, and the results will stay private or be polluted into some sort of Firey marketing scam per usual.

Do you seriously think I was born yesterday, this whole thing has so many holes in it and get outs as to be like Airtex underpants. I seriously couldn't give a shite what you think, as you have proved completely which mast your flag is on, we have weeks of your posting at AoS to prove it. I do not trust your honesty one inch"
Nick
Site Admin

#719 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Nick »

we have weeks of your posting at AoS to prove it. I do not trust your honesty one inch
Think you have the wrong forum there. While I agree that some of Richards posts here may at time question his sanity, I dont think I can remember any that makes one question his honesty.

TBH, one of your posts at AOS that I found somewhat questionable was the

"Sh@t the bed!!! So the KIN/Vivant was knats knacker away from a £10k setup. That's some achievment Al."

Given you didnt hear the comparison and was just I assume going on Alans comments.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#720 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by simon »

48 pages chaps...

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/issues/Syria ... gKTofD_BwE

Just saying like.